Welcome to Gautham's World in MIT

Welcome to Gautham's World in MIT

Thursday, February 25, 2010

4. Canteen


The canteen….a place where one could buy food and drinks and can eat, munch, crunch, sip and drink….sounds familiar? Yeah right, of course it should coz all you guys have been through this canteen culture. The canteen is the best place to hang out in college with buddies….But as for me there was no such thing as a canteen in my god damn UG College. And girls and guys were not allowed to eat together either.
And so for me the canteen was a nice place to hang out and it was really splendid to see guys and girls sharing space in the small yet comfortable area….in short it was paradise for me. It looked as if girls were really given equal freedom as guys. The place was good in its own way and I liked the atmosphere instantly.
I loved the juices which were in plenty of varieties daily. I also loved seeing girls in fancy outfits in the canteen and it was really awesome to be there, floating in all the joy and happiness of every soul in the canteen. I simply loved the canteen.
On one corner of the canteen I noticed a guy and girl sitting and having a drink. They were possibly in love and they were holding hands and looking into each other’s eyes and talking (I wasn’t sure if they were talking with their lips or their eyes…!!!). The sight made me happy and sad at the same time. Happy that they were showing their love not caring about the world around them and sad that it reminded me of my own past….a very painful thing to be remembered.

No comments:

Post a Comment